Nine Natural Ways to Relieve Pain
Aches and pains are an unfortunate fact of life. And whether your aches and pains are thanks to your fitness trainer’s workout routine or from the stress of holiday shopping, we’ve got eight ways to reduce pain utilizing all-natural tactics:
1. Catch some Zzzzzs! A recent study published in Sleep magazine showed that just getting one or two extra hours of sleep each night for four days means a reduction of pain sensitivity by 25 percent. So hit the hay! (Oh, and sleep also aids majorly in weight loss. So . . . bonus!)
2. Say ahhhhhh: Meditating or focusing on your breathing helped reduce the pain of patients suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Slow down your breathing to six seconds per breath, which lowers your blood pressure and helps you cope with pain.
3. Get hippy: Savor a session on our heated hip rotator bed. The soft rolling motion gently opens the hip joints to release stuck energy and loosen the surrounding muscles while soothing vibrations massage your legs, back and neck. Spending some time on our hip rotator machine results in an entire body that is more peaceful, comfortable and open.
4. Head to the Asian Market: Eating ginger can reduce pain and even nausea. One study found it as effective as over the counter pain relievers at reducing menstrual cramps. No matter the time of the month (or your gender!), add some fresh ginger root to your stir fry or add a piece to your hot tea and revel in the pain relief.
5. Try something “pneu”: Slip into a pneumatic compression glove and enjoy 30 minutes of full-body massage. The compression massage treatment relaxes muscle cramps, reduces toxins in lymphatic system and improves circulation, which all means LESS PAIN! Oh, and it can also aid in weight loss and reduce cellulite, which never hurts!
6. Turn on Pandora: Listening to your favorite tunes can relieve your pain, especially if you are anxious about the pain. So pop in your ear buds and crank up the Jay-Z.
7. Get guzzling: When your head is throbbing, you may need to quench your thirst. Headaches are often brought on by dehydration. A glass or two of H2O can save you from a headache, especially if you’re hungover. At FBE, we serve ionized alkaline water to help you detox and stay hydrated.
8. Warm it up: Applying heat to sore muscles is the well-known way to relieve aches and pains. Our infrared jade saunas go beyond just a hot pad by actually warming you gently from the inside out. Just 30 minutes of infrared therapy can reduce pain, improve flexibility, improve lymphatic circulation and so much more (including helping with your weight loss plan).
9. Hug it out: Studies have shown that some good lovin’ can relieve pain. Ask your honey or bestie for a 20-second hug when you aren’t feeling well.
If natural pain relief is on your holiday wish list, give these remedies a try and let us know how it goes.
WHAT’S YOUR BIGGEST CAUSE OF ACHES AND PAINS LATELY AND WHAT’S YOUR SECRET TO REDUCING PAIN?