How Beyoncé Lost 60 Pounds
In January, Beyonce and Jay-Z welcomed their firstborn child, Blue Ivy Carter. What wasn’t as welcome? The sixty pounds the new mom and multi-platinum music artist gained during her pregnancy! Beyonce denied the crazy rumors that she started working out twice a day and had her trainer living with her immediately following the birth, insisting that, like any new mom, she had little time to spare. But after weaning Blue Ivy at ten weeks old, Beyonce amped up her weight loss goals.
At a recent concert, the star confessed to the crowd, “I had to lose 60 pounds! Y’all have no idea how hard I worked! They had me on a treadmill. I ate lettuce.”
Obviously, it takes more than a stroll on the treadmill and a few salads to drop that stubborn baby weight. In the past Beyoncé made headlines by dropping a ton of weight for her role in Dreamgirls by following the Master Cleanse program. For weeks she lived on nothing but lemon juice spiked with cayenne and sweetened with maple syrup. She explains that she felt awful on the plan and does not recommend the program, also called the Lemonade Diet
This time around, she took a more well-rounded approach. From various interviews Beyoncé has done, we have figured out a few of Beyoncé’s weight loss secrets.
1. She’s dedicated. In an interview with Self magazine, the megastar said, “I can’t eat what I want, and I can’t not go to the gym. The truth is, it’s a lot of sacrifice. It’s more about your mental strength than your physical strength.”
2. She tries to make her workouts as efficient as possible. Her trainer has her work several muscles at a time. This is why we love the vibration machine for losing weight. In just twenty minutes, the vibration exercise machine gives you a whole body workout. It really may be the easiest way to work out!
3. She eats clean. The singer fills up on a lot of lean proteins, vegetables and brown rice and avoids processed foods.
4. She stays hydrated. “Water is a great appetite suppressant,” Beyonce has raved.
5. She gives herself a cheat day. Every Sunday Beyoncé digs into a few decadent treats. Her favorite indulgence? Chocolate!
Not all new moms have the pressure of a red carpet or a sold-out concert venue or a new movie role. But it is common for most new moms to feel overwhelmed and unhappy with their weight. At Firm Body Evolution, we help our clients find the right weight loss program that suits them. We even have a special program for the post-partum set, designed to make you lose inches and feel better all over. Contact us for a fitness appointment today.